[antlr-interest] Java.lang.OutOfMemoryError with 3.0b5 but not 3.0b4

Brendan Babb Brendan.Babb at uiActive.com
Sun Nov 19 14:14:03 PST 2006

Hi,

I have a grammar based on a mix the ECMA script one and Java 1.5 one.
This compiles without issues using 3.0b4. I'm trying to move to 3.0b5
and I get OOM errors. If I increase the max heap size (java -Xmx1024M),
antlr seems to go into an infinite loop.

Given that this does work on 3.0b4, I guess there is a bug in 3.0b5. Any
suggestions as to how to help track the problem down, or the sorts of
grammar rules to avoid?

Thanks,
Brendan