[antlr-interest] Channel=HIDDEN In ANTLR 3.0b5, ANTLRworks 1.0b6

Foolish Ewe foolishewe at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 20:31:02 PST 2006

Hello All:

I just got the shiny new ANTLRworks (1.0b5) and wanted to port from the
previous revisoin of
ANTLRworks which uses the new ANTLR release (3.0b5).
My early experiences have brought no joy so far (my grammar does not compile
reliably,
and when I can get it to compile and run dynamically, it does not recognize
things that
the corresponding ANTLR 3.0b4 version appears to handle correctly).

I may have a cockpit error, but I got the darndest error message for my
white space handling.
In my grammar end of line signals end of a command, and must be treated
seperately from
blanks and tabs.

The offending line reads:

WHITESPACE :   (' '  | '\t') {channel=HIDDEN;};

And HIDDEN (I also tried hidden and Hidden) does not link properly.

Regards:

Bill M.