[antlr-interest] Antlr 3 c# source?

Paul Shaffer antlr1 at cyberplasm.com
Fri Nov 24 12:49:57 PST 2006

At 04:28 AM 11/24/2006, Micheal J wrote:

>antlr.runtime.dll is part of ANTLR 2.7.x. Grab ANTLR 2.7.x to get the sources.
>
>StringTemplate.dll is part of StringTemplate for .NET (ST#) 2.3.x or
>later. Grab ST# to get the sources.

I found StringTemplate right after I posted...

>Supplying [useful] API docs is a work in progress for Antlr3.Runtime.dll.

For the 2.7.x c# project, many java source comments were carried over
intact to the c# files. Only some of the comments are in the "///" format.
This is where a non top-level expert could assist the project -- fixing the
comments. Then you could run nDOc against it all and get a better api doc.
This would also help intellisense tremendously if you are using visual
studio -- you don't need as much formal documentation if this is done well.
For the Antlr3.Runtime.dll, I see where the cooresponding java files are,
so this is some help-- but there are never enough comments.