[antlr-interest] trouble with ANTLR website

Brian Slesinsky brian-antlr at slesinsky.org
Fri Nov 24 14:05:59 PST 2006

I had a lot of trouble downloading ANTLR 3.0 beta 5.  It will usually
get part of the way through and hang.  The website even seemed to be
down for a few minutes; I hope I didn't break anything.

I did finally get the whole file; switching from Firefox to Safari
seemed to help for some reason.

If it's a bandwidth or cost issue, maybe it would make sense to put
the most popular downloads elsewhere?  For example, the beta version
of Google Groups provides 100MB of disk space for files.

(Disclaimer:  I work for Google, but am speaking only for myself, etc.
 I'm sure there are many other ways to do it.)

- Brian