[antlr-interest] v3.0b5: input size problem

Paul Shaffer antlr1 at cyberplasm.com
Fri Nov 24 18:08:04 PST 2006

At 06:37 PM 11/24/2006, Terence Parr wrote:

>On Nov 24, 2006, at 5:29 PM, Paul Shaffer wrote:

>>>Yikes. that sounds like a problem on my side...can you run with
>>>ANTLRWorks to figure out where it is?
>>>Ter
>>
>>I forgot to mention I am using c# generation. AFAIK ANTLRWorks will
>>only check the grammer.
>
>ANTLWorks has an awesome interactive debugger that will work with any
>target language as long as that target language sends events across
>the socket as AW needs. :)  Use -debug with ANTLR and then in AW say
>"Debug remote...". It will try to connect to the local machine at a
>special port 0xC001 ("cool"), I think, and suck events from your parser.

Yes I noticed that and it does look great. I have another post just now on
this list, the c# code gen for -debug won't compile. So I may have to wait
a bit for remote debugging. I have figured out all my little parsing errors
and I am able to parse my full 5000 lines. I have about 40 keywords to scan
for and they can be in various combinations so it has been a good learning
curve.