[antlr-interest] philosophy about translation

Peter Paulus peter.paulus at nerocmediaware.nl
Mon Oct 9 01:37:00 PDT 2006

Hi Terence and Andy,

Just as an annotation of natural language transformations.

Not that I'm an expert on this - just an interested layman - but it
could be interesting to read up on X-bar theory (http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-bar_theory, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Category:Syntactic_relationships), Government and binding theory
(http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Government-Blackwell-Textbooks-
Linguistics/dp/0631190678) and Principles and Parameters (http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principles_and_parameters, http://
www.amazon.com/Introducing-Transformational-Grammar-Principles-
Parameters/dp/0340740361, Cullicover, Peter W. 1997. Principles and
Parameters: An Introduction to Syntactic Theory. Oxford: Oxford
University Press., http://www.oup.com/uk/catalogue/?
ci=9780198700142). I've read parts of the last book.

With kind regards,
Peter Paulus