[antlr-interest] Bug report: 2.7.5 and 2.7.6

Loring Craymer lgcraymer at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 16:29:41 PDT 2006

Most likely, this has to do with not setting the ASTFactory and is not a bug per se.  (I haven't looked at the contents of the zip).  This is a change between 2.7.1 and either 2.7.2 or 2.7.3--I forget which.  Check the manual under the C++ runtime section--it is documented there.

Harmon Nine <hnine at isis.vanderbilt.edu> wrote:              The bug exists in versions 2.7.5 and 2.7.6 of antlr.
  It didn’t appear in 2.7.1.

  The attached “gif” file is actually a “zip” file, and was so renamed to get around mail filters.

  After renaming the file to have a “zip” extension, unzipping it renders 3 files:
  Makefile
  main.cpp
  CExprParser.g

  The Makefile isn’t perfect (it runs antlr 4 times to build the Parser and Lexer C files), but it does the trick.
  Also, the Makefile needs to be modified to give the ANTLR_JAR and ANTLR_LIB_HOME variables the appropriate values.

  The bug results in a segmentation fault.  Just run:

  make
  ./antlrbug.exe

  and a segfault should occur.

  Thanks.