[antlr-interest] Transformation phylosophy : AST trans./ pattern matching

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Oct 19 10:28:24 PDT 2006

On Oct 18, 2006, at 2:53 PM, Mathieu Clabaut wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've read some of the interesting mails about the different way to do
> transformation.
>
> Just for reference, a collegue of mine pointed me to the cocktail95
> tool suite :
>   http://www.iste.uni-stuttgart.de/ps/cocktail/
> which seems to allow AST transformation but as also a Transformation
> Tool based on Pattern Matching (puma).... No, I didn't give a try to
> it, but I may have a deeper look in a near futur...

Interesting; just looked at Puma.  Syntax is not obvious.  Seems to
allow tree grammar specification due to recursive references but
doesn't call it that.  Allows patterns and predicates to match.  Has
some interesting functionality similar to other tools.  My thoughts
would lean more towards what Andy did but with some twists.

Andy Tripp arrives today at 2pm for discussions!  Hooray!

Ter