[antlr-interest] Usage of scopes in v3

Kay Roepke kroepke at classdump.org
Sun Oct 22 15:54:35 PDT 2006

On 22. Oct 2006, at 21:36 , Terence Parr wrote:

> What are you trying to do in the finally?  It will just pop off and
> go away after the method unless it's saved; a finally would do that.
>
> Crap. the stuff is popped BEFORE the finally action.  Hmm...that
> doesn't seem right, does it?

Hence the question ;)
You could argue that @finally isn't the correct place to do it,
because it largely is concerned with cleanup. OTOH it seems a
sensible place because it will be the last thing executed.
Anyhoo, the user supplied finally IS place after everything else, so
it's too late.
I'm comfortable with putting it into an action at the end of the rule/
subrule, but was expecting the finally block to be ok, too.

-k
--
Kay Röpke <kroepke at classdump.org>
classdump Software