[antlr-interest] Generated declaration?

Rick Morgan rikmorgan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 04:15:47 PST 2006

Hi, just discovered antlr 2 days ago, so pretty new at this... I'm
trying to discover how actions I specify are placed in the generated
code so I wrote the following inside a rule:
( cs:classSpec { initEntity( cs.getText() ); } )*

As expected, the generated code contained initEntity( cs.getText() );

Problem is there is no declaration of cs.  I could declare it myself
somewhere if I new what type it was but I doubt that is the correct
solution.  I ran this test using both the command line tool (java
antlr.Tool verbTest.g) and using an Eclipse plugin, both do not generate
a declaration for cs.

I reread the wiki entries for labels several times, but it doesn't go
into these details.  I'm using antlr version 2.7.7rc1.

thanks for any advice,
Rick