[antlr-interest] Capturing lexer exceptions

Gerz, Michael Gerz at fgan.de
Tue Oct 31 04:41:51 PST 2006

Terence,

I am sorry for bothering you again but my project team is still struggling with ANTLR's clever error recovery.

Our problem is that we don't want ANTLR to do any error handling at all. This includes errors thrown by the lexer. My colleague didn't find a way to make her ANTLR parser _not_ to catch lexer exceptions.

Unfortunately, the ANTLR 3 wiki (http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Migrating+from+ANTLR+2+to+ANTLR+3) doesn't answer the question how to ignore lexer exceptions (and you can no longer set "defaultErrorHandler=false").

Terence, could you please speak to us?

A thousand thanks in advance,

Michael

Dr. Michael Gerz
FGAN e.V.                                      Phone:  +49 228 9435-414
Department FKIE/ITF                            Fax:    +49 228 9435-685
Neuenahrer Straße 20                           E-Mail: gerz at fgan.de
53343 Wachtberg-Werthhoven                     WWW:    www.fgan.de