[antlr-interest] grammar writing best practices

Seref Arikan serefarikan at kurumsalteknoloji.com
Fri Sep 8 01:06:36 PDT 2006

Hi there,
Are there any books or documents that can be used as a practical guide
for writing grammars? I have pretty good resources like the dragon book
and many other docs, but I have not seen any source that has a
pragmattic approach to subject
By pragmattic, I mean a systematic approach to task.  Assume that I have
to produce a mini language, or a domain spesific language. It'd be great
to have a systematic apporach. Is it to much to ask? The
analysis-design-development parts of the application lifecycle seems a
little bit hard to project into grammar writing and generating a parser.
Some well defined milestones in the process would be a huge asset.
Are there any resources that you'd recommend for such insight? Or should
I be reading the dragon book again?

Regards
Seref Arikan