[antlr-interest] working with different dialects

timo.du.four at telenet.be timo.du.four at telenet.be
Fri Sep 8 05:15:48 PDT 2006

Dear ANTLR users,

(Sorry for the repost, but I corrected a few things in my mail)

I am currently doing some research on parser generators for my master-thesis. I have to find a generator that is able to generate a parser which is able to parse a number of dialects of COBOL. I already worked with ANTLR for a project last year, so I know it generates a Lexer, a Parser and a treeParser. Now my question is: is it possible to make a generalParser for the COBOL-language, for the part of the language that is the same for all dialects, and then make a subclass of it for each dialect. Or is there a better way to do this?

Greetings,

Travin