[antlr-interest] Need Clarrification on Antlr Ant task

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 06:59:50 PDT 2006

--- Selvaraj Varadharajan <selvaraj.v at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>      I am using ANTLR version 2.7.6 and i configured
> my ANTLR with the
> following ant task
>

> <project name="antlrBuild" basedir="."
> default="antlrTask">
>     <target name="antlrTask" >
>         <antlr target="grammer.g"
> outputdirectory="." />
>     </target>
> </project>
>

> When i am  running this task, i am not getting any
> .java files and
> completing with Successful build.
>
> If any thing wrong in the ant task, plz correct me.

I don't regularly use the ANTLR task; however I am a
member of the Ant development team.  Your usage here
looks like the examples in the manual, as far as I can
tell.  You should:

1) verify ANTLR can process your grammar from the
command line.
2) run ant with the -v argument for verbose logging to
see if that sheds any light.
3) run ant with the -d argument for debug logging, if
verbose logging didn't give more information.  There
is not much debug-level logging in the ANTLR task, but
in case your problem lies elsewhere in your build file
it might be useful.  Be prepared for a mountain of
logging in this case.

HTH,
Matt