[antlr-interest] Need help with simple grammar

Steve Karam steve at orcldba.com
Tue Apr 10 22:56:37 PDT 2007

I've never worked with any sort of parsing engine before; I think I am
getting this, but still getting caught up with the huge amount of
syntax.  Could anyone help me with a basic grammar file that can handle
these basic types of commands?

get data from file
put data in file
change data in file
get metadata about file
change metadata about file
get dependencies of file
get dependents of file
get statistics of file

Basically it boils down to:  command what preposition target.  There
will of course be more than this in the end, but I really need this
basic understanding first before I can even think about what else I'll
need to tackle.

What would a grammar file for this look like?  I'd prefer using C++, but
I don't mind Java if that's all you know!