[antlr-interest] Need help with simple grammar

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Wed Apr 11 11:19:29 PDT 2007

Terence Parr wrote:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> This would be an AWESOME little FAQ or tutorial or somethign on the
> wiki.  Can you join and add?  I'm afraid I'm going to need help getting
> some doc together for v3 before we release. ;)
>
> Thanks!
> Ter

Not a problem on my side, but the login of your wiki says, that
everything I add must be free of third-party rights. So can I use the
task in Steve Karam's email without violating this (at least the part
with the language spec)? It would be nice, if he could give me explicit
permission to use relevant bits.

Otherwise, I could add a short treatise on EBNFs, difference between
lexer and parser rules, choosing a real filename and when to use the
tokens specifications.

Lastly, I've added 8 erratas after the freeze - maybe you can still look
over them and mail a changed version to your editor? As all erratas are
in the last 100 pages the layout person won't probably have to do any
rework. After that, are you going to work through all the open issues in
the emails? I haven't looked yet, if your latest build solves my
mentioned problems, as I was busy with finishing your book.

Best regards,
Johannes Luber