[antlr-interest] Change in output location with 3.0b7

Martin Fowler fowler at acm.org
Mon Apr 16 08:58:07 PDT 2007

I've just upgraded to 3.0b7 and I noticed a change in where Antlr puts
its output files (didn't spot it in the update log.)

Previously if you specified an output directory with -o and you had a
grammar in a subdirectory it would put the output in the corresponding
subdirectory in the output directory. Now it just puts it directly in
the subdirectory. I'm not saying this is wrong, but I thought I'd point
it out as it's caused my stuff to break :-(

I've been intending to write a little program to walk my src directory
and use the API to generate output files if necessary in a corresponding
gen directory (which I can keep out of version control). (I have a lot
of them as I'm exploring lots of alternative langauges and parsers
within the same project). If nothing else I guess this makes me want to
do it. But if there's an easier way to do this or someone's already done
it do let me know ;-)
--
Martin Fowler
http://martinfowler.com