[antlr-interest] Problems with C++-target

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Sat Apr 28 15:23:52 PDT 2007

Do you have a specific need for C++? You could just declare the C
functions you need as extern "C". In fact, I should really add that to
the C output so that it just happens by including the generated .h file.
Though I suppose the fact that you can use C++ in actions is attractive
- I ought to play with this, perhaps you can just compile the output as
C++ and use C++ in actions anyway... why do I keep making more work for
myself? ;-)

C examples are now up to date and include VS2005 .sln and projects and
have been tested to death with DevPartner studio (though I don't have
complete coverage yet). A lot of work went into getting
backtrack/memorization to work without the enormous overhead it could be
with 2MB java input files :-).

If you are using the C target, you need to use a .jar that predates
Ter's recent tree rewrite stuff... however you also need the latest
template. I am working on the tree re-write stuff now, so possibly by
the end of the weekend it will be back in sync. I will post if it is.

Jim