[antlr-interest] newbie: can't enter input in the ANTLRWorks debugger

Chris Norris thechrisproject.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 10:19:54 PDT 2007

I'm a total newbie to ANTLR.  I started doing this tutorial:
http://www.antlr.org/works/help/tutorial/calculator.html

I'm using ANTLRWorks 1.1.2 on Windows Vista.
As far as I can tell, this is the basic getting started tutorial.  Any other
starting points for people like me would be useful to know about.  So the
interpreter stage of the tutorial went fine, but when I get to the debugger
stage, I can't enter input.  The instructions state, "Now let's use the
debugger to single step through the parse. Invoke the debugger (CTRL-F9) and
enter the same input text as with the interpreter "2+3*4" followed by
return."

The input area won't let me enter anything.  I click on it and type things,
but nothing happens.