[antlr-interest] Names of generated files and classes

Cameron Esfahani dirty at apple.com
Mon Aug 6 14:23:09 PDT 2007

One thing that I'd like to see is the ability to specify an output
directory.  I'd rather not have the outputs of ANTLR be in the same
directory as my grammar files.  I'd really like to be able to supply
a directory path.

On Aug 6, 2007, at 7:43 AM, Terence Parr wrote:

> Guys, I'm liking Johannes' proposal to go back to "type grammar X;"
> generating X.java or X.c etc...  Only combined grammars would get
> the suffix Parser / Lexer as they *need* a way to distinguishes the
> classes.  Note that tree grammars are already "tree grammar X" ->
> X.java.  The -depend option will tell build tools all about the
> output.
>
> If we changed for 3.1, then regenerating code from noncombined
> grammars would require a change in the invocation code perhaps, but
> combined is the common case.  The impact would be minimal either
> way.  It's messy right now:
>
> lexer grammar TLexer;
>
> generates TLexerLexer.java
>
> Ter

Cameron Esfahani
dirty at apple.com

"In the elder days of Art, Builders wrought with greatest care each
minute and unseen part; For the gods see everywhere."

"The Builders", H. W. Longfellow