[antlr-interest] ANTLR V3, ANTLRWorks and C/C++ Target

Martin Kortmann email at kortmann.de
Wed Aug 8 06:56:45 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am using ANTLRWorks for a few weeks now, and i am
very impressed about the possibilities of ANTLR and
ANTLRWorks. You are doing a fine job on this.

But i'am also wondering about the support of
programming languages other than java.
Currently there is a good working C Target and a C-Runtime
library. Jim has done a very good job on both of this.
And i like the idea of ANTLRWorks, it helps a lot
in my daily work. ANTLR itself is competitionless anyway.
But there is currently no kind of integration into the
ANTLRWorks debugger. The C runtime library is very fast.
But it is not very good documented (behind the source)
and it seems to generate a big parser (in contrast to
my handwritten parser - ok, not a fair comparison - or
an bison parser). The C++ target seems to be far away
from released.

Is there some kind of community behind all the things
or is this a three man show? (Terence, Jim and Jean). I hope
that you dont misunderstood me, the tools are very fine
and usefull, and every question will be answered in a very
short time. But there are some things left (outside java)
and you cannot work on all things at the same time. Is there
nothing that can be done by other persons?

Martin