[antlr-interest] Antlrworks BUG? --- Do I note bugs here?

Buck, Robert rbuck at verisign.com
Mon Aug 27 08:36:22 PDT 2007

Yes, this is an issue with Microsoft products, not with ANTLR Works. If
you type in a single or double quote in a Microsoft Product, it
automatically converts it to what I believe is a Wide Katakana character
that looks nearly the same. Then when you paste from Word, for example,
you have useless junk.

The same thing happens with mathematical symbols (+ - / *) in Microsoft
products, and it is equally frustrating for engineering environments
such as MATLAB.

ANTLR Works allows you to cut and paste from other applications. It
cannot predict what misfeatures Microsoft adds, and I should think it
probably should not try to deal with them by automatically converting
these back to US-ASCII either. It's a Microsoft mess that people need to
be aware of.

/bob