[antlr-interest] woot! Found a fortran grammar

Mathew Yeates myeates at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 6 13:40:20 PST 2007

Hi
I found an antlr grammar for f77 at The Open Fortran Parser website
(http://fortran-parser.sourceforge.net/index.html). After looking at
their grammar I can see I could never figured this out in a finite
amount of time.

Now I want to build a translator to take Fortran to Python/C#.
After reading a few things I'm guessing that I want produce an AST and
the then walk it, emitting Python when appropriate. The AST they produce
will be flat since they define no tokens so I'll need to add this.

Or do I want to use rewrite rules?

Any input/tips/pointers are grealy appreciated.

Mathew