[antlr-interest] Another Parser skipping error

G R relationalalgebra at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 09:09:49 PST 2007

Hi all.
Still with my relational algebra grammar, almost everything works fine
except my error recognition.
When I use a correct input but, put some others character at the end, and
then make the input invalid, I, sometimes, get an error (that's what I
want^^), but sometimes not.
Using character that are not define in the lexer will raised an error (a
lexer error then). Everythings Ok here.
 But, when the character is define by my lexer grammar (like '[' that is use
in some parser rules), no error is raised when it should be.

as an example, here is a valid input :
Relation1 \JOIN Relation2

When I use the following input, i got an error (which is normal) :
Relation1 \JOIN Relation2 .
(where the dot is not define in the lexer rules)

But, using this input, non error is raised (whereas it should be)
Relation1 \JOIN Relation2 [
(where the left bracket is define by the rule LeftBrack of the lexer)

Searching the maillinglist, I haven't been able to find any solution to
that. I think Bern McCarty got the same kind of problem with this :
http://groups.google.com/group/il-antlr-interest/browse_thread/thread/85156e277420f8d9

Can anyone give some help ?

G.R.