[antlr-interest] passing more than one parameter to a rule

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 07:38:35 PST 2007

Here's the beginning of a rule named "define" that passes two String
parameters to a rule named "polynomial".

define
  : fn=functionName '(' fv=variable ')' '=' polynomial[$fn.text, $fv.text]

Here's the beginning of the "polynomial" rule showing that it accepts
two String parameters.

polynomial[String fnt, String fvt]

When I attempt to test this using the ANTLRWorks debugger I get the
following error message.

illegal start of expression
[09:35:09]
polynomial11=polynomial(input.toString(fn.start,fn.stop),  ,
input.toString(fv.start,fv.stop));

Note the consecutive commas as if it's trying to pass three parameters.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.