[antlr-interest] ANTLR3 C Target

Maurizio de Pascale mdepascale at dii.unisi.it
Wed Dec 26 09:39:11 PST 2007

Hi,
I'm moving my small antlr 2.7 project to antlr 3.
since it looks like C++ support is (currently?) gone I'm using the C
runtime.
Unfortunately, finding info about it (on both the wiki and the web)
looks quite hard, so I appeal to your good (xmas) will...

Mostly, I need to reproduce with the C API features of the (old?) object
oriented counterpart.
1) I used to have a stream filter between the parser and the lexer for
logging purpose. Can this be implemented and how?
2) How to provide input from a memory buffer instead of a file?
3) without exceptions, how to know if errors occured? the starting
parser rule returns void :( and it looks like the parser simply outputs
error info to the standard output.
How to get programmatically these info/errors and how to disable the
error output?

Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas,
Maurizio de Pascale
mdepascale at dii.unisi.it