[antlr-interest] Get Values after parse

Cory Isaacson cory.isaacson at compuflex.com
Sat Dec 29 17:56:02 PST 2007

I am new to ANTLR, and have a simple question. I need to parse a simple SQL
SELECT statement, and can see how to create the grammar for the lexer and
parser. I need to then get specific values from the SELECT statement, such
as table name(s), column name(s), the WHERE clause, etc.

To actually get the values, do I need to output an AST tree? If so, what is
the simplest way to access specific node/values?

If you can suggest examples to look at and/or the best API to use that would
be great.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cory