[antlr-interest] A rule ANTLR 3 doesn't like [Re: ANTLR 3 diagnostics]

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Dec 31 17:11:42 PST 2007

ok, Chap...your grammar takes about 9 seconds to process now instead
of "can't handle it".  My notes:

* Added the start of a semantic predicate computation for LL(1) to solve
   a problem with slow grammar analysis even with k=1 due to predicates.
   Then I realized the problem with that grammar was elsewhere in my
code.
   Semantic context really shouldn't be used when preventing closure
   recomputation.  The predicates became huge even though the reduced
   boolean value would be no different.  The analyzer seems faster now
that
   I am not testing predicate values all the time.  Further it may
   terminate sooner just due to reduced closure recursion.

I'm not convinced my choice is perfect yet but it handles all my
relevant unit tests and examples.

Grab latest build antlr-2007-12-31.17.tar.gz and let me know if it
generates correct code. ;)

Ter