[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 or 2.7 for new project?

Xue Yong Zhi zhixueyong at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 2 11:56:11 PST 2007

>    1. Should I start out using 2.7 or the newly released 3.0?  I have
>       never used this tool, but do understand its potential.  A little
>       guidance before I get started would be greatly appreciated.

Upgrading to 3.0 from 2.7 is not very easy (well, depends on the nature
of your grammar),
So if your release date is at the second half of the the year (antlr 3.0
stable and the book will come out), you may want to start with 3.0.

Meanwhile 2.7 is very stable and I am happy with it.

--
Xue Yong Zhi
http://xruby.blogspot.com