[antlr-interest] Odd problem about ANTLR

lin cyrix cyrixlin at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 02:20:24 PST 2007

Hi, everybody,

I try to learn ANTLR (2.7.5) to write a small
calculator. I compose the file calc.g, generating java
class files with ANTLR 2.7.5 (also 2.7.7 with this
problem), it's ok. But when I compile the generated
java files, it fails, and obviously wrong code in it.

Such as:
(In ArithParser.java)
//////////////////////////////////
	public final double  neg_expr() throws
RecognitionException, TokenStreamException {
		double result = 0;

		if ( inputState.guessing==0 ) {
			double value = 0;
		}
		match(MINUS);
		value=atom_expr();
		if ( inputState.guessing==0 ) {

			result = - value;

		}
		return result;
	}

Can anyone tell me what's wrong ? Is it a bug in
ANTLR, or I make some mistakes in my calc.g ?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Cyrix Lin

http://mail.yahoo.com