[antlr-interest] ANT for v3

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Sat Jan 27 11:10:21 PST 2007

On Jan 27, 2007, at 5:27 AM, Mark Bednarczyk wrote:

> Hey thanks Mark,
>
> 	I was going to do that next, but was hoping someone had already
> recompiled that ANT ANTLR optional task, but no matter. I'm using
> Eclipse as
> well.

Check out Juergen's Ant task for v3; top of list:

http://www.antlr.org/share/list

> Now a very ungly thing. I'm trying to get ANTLR3.0 working, which
> needed
> StringTemplates which required ANTLR 2.77 in the build path. So now
> I have
> both in order to satisfy StringTemplate. I'm using antlr-3-beta-
> rev3386.jar
> downloaded from the "file share" website area.
>
> Is there a better binary build I should use? Is there a may be a
> StringTemplate based on ANTLR 3.0, that would be much better.

I will be rewriting both ANTLR v3 and stringtemplate in v3 at some
point, but not in the near term.  I recognize the ugliness of having
two versions of ANTLR.  New tools have to be written in something
though, right? ;)

Ter