[antlr-interest] [v3] Lack of documentation

Eric Bruno eric at ebruno.org
Sun Jul 1 17:12:43 PDT 2007

I have to disagree about the negative comments regarding the Antlr book.
I found it very readable and well written for people new to Antlr.
My expectation of the book was for it to tell me what Antlr was, why I
cared and to cover basic use of
the tool.  For me it meet those goals.
It is book I feel I can give to people who have never used Antlr or lex
and Yacc
and have a expectation they can start using the tool in a couple of days.

So for what's worth I think Ter did very good job with the book, from a
readability point of view
I would put in the same class as Richard Steven's Unix book's which from
me is high praise.
Eric Bruno