[antlr-interest] Newbie tree rewrite question.

William Halliburton whalliburton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 12:16:34 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have a grammar that parses a C like language into an AST and a tree
grammar that traverses the AST and outputs a translated language via
templates.

My tree grammar is getting a little complex and i think that things could be
simplified by having a second pass grammar that translates the AST into a
similar AST before the final tree grammar.

I've been trying figure out how to make a simple AST to AST tree parser. Is
this desirable and doable? Are there any examples? Looks like the
rewrite=true option works with templates not AST.

Thank you,
William Halliburton