[antlr-interest] Help with FishEye

Benjamin Niemann pink at odahoda.de
Mon Jul 2 13:53:52 PDT 2007

Cameron Esfahani wrote:

> Can someone please explain to me how FishEye is supposed to work?
>
> I'm trying to download Jim Idle's latest C runtime from June 27th.
>
> On http://fisheye2.cenqua.com/browse/antlr, I can see change revision
> 3851.
>
> But if I click on the runtime/C/dist/libantlr3c-3.0.1.tar.gz URL
> underneath the comment, I don't get a useful download.  I get 6K HTML
> file.

Yep, that's a page about the file, not the file itself.

> If I click on the little blue down arrow, then I get a big file, but
> it isn't actually a tar file.  I can't identify what it is.

Mmmm.. If I click that link in Konqueror, ark is opened, but it fails to
open the archive - "an error occured". Grml...
If I fetch that URL using wget, everything works fine. "Save Link As..."
from the browser also works, as well as opening the downloaded file in
ark...
Strange...

You could also navigate to the runtime/C/dist directory and download a zip
(which contains the tarball) using the link at the bottom left.

> I've been very frustrated with FishEye.  It's very...pretty.  But as
> far as a mechanism for downloading files, it leaves me very frustrated.

I think you should tell this to the Cenqua folks. Something smells fishy ;)
though I cannot say what.

--
Benjamin Niemann
Email: pink at odahoda dot de