[antlr-interest] C# generated code refering rules

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Thu Jul 5 10:38:59 PDT 2007

Hi,

Please try to choose more relevant, descriptive subjects for your post. For
instance, "ANTLR generates cryptic names such as T1...T9 for rules" is
better than what you have.

As for the problem, this simply indicates you are using a combined grammar
and ANTLR is automatically generating a lexer for you and generating names
for your (unnamed) tokens. To ensure the token names are meaningful, either
create your own lexer (in a separate file) or name you tokens.

E.g. Rather than:

class : 'class' ID ...

tokens
{
    KW_CLASS = 'class';
}

class : KW_CLASS ID ...

Micheal

The best way to contact me is via the list/forum. My time is very limited.