[antlr-interest] about the book

Lloyd Dupont ld at galador.net
Tue Jul 10 05:45:27 PDT 2007

I saw there was a controversy about the price / usefulness / etc...

I have nothing special about that, except it make me aware that: there was a book!

Taking it as both:
- a nice and affordable way to support this excellent (free) tool I love to use (very) occasionnaly
- perhaps a better way to graps some concept which eluded me so far

I decided to buy it.

I'm reading the PDF so far (the dead trees are on their way).

I just wanted to say that, unlike some comment I previously read, I found the book very helpful.
Right now I'm reading the chapter on trees. A topic which I was just barely able to make work/hack before and understanding is now slowly dawning on me.

Of course I have to made an intellectual effort to get the concepts (as it would be the same for any math/physics/algorithm book). But nowhere before I had such clear and helpful help.

So far (from only 20 pages of reading), I will say kudos for the ANTLR book!!!
(And ANTLR Works as well, of course, with which I could experiment the gramatical structure and quickly and easily double check if I got the concept right)