[antlr-interest] Fundamental tree parsing question

Benjamin Niemann pink at odahoda.de
Tue Jul 10 13:11:14 PDT 2007

Ted Villalba wrote:

> Here is the grammar attached below, with your most recent suggestion. I
> can walk it without issue, with input like :
> query=(city AND mountain dwellers)
>
> until I try to add the use of the imaginary tokens, for example, in the
> 'field' rule below:
> The grammar:
> [...]

Mmm... I can't reproduce the problem. I can step through the input and get
the output:

AST:
(= (TAG (TAG query)) (VALUE (AND (TERMS city)     (TERMS mountain
dwellers))))

Probably not what you finally want (redundant TAG and some WS not omitted),
but at least it does not crash...

I used ANTLRWorks 1.0.2 and "Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard
Edition (build 1.5.0_12-b04)" on Debian GNU/Linux. What's your setup?

--
Benjamin Niemann
Email: pink at odahoda dot de