[antlr-interest] Meaning of error message: expecting EOA, found 'Q'

Kay Roepke kroepke at classdump.org
Tue Jul 10 15:53:10 PDT 2007

On Jul 11, 2007, at 12:05 AM, Don Maier wrote:

> Can anyone give me a hint about what this error message means:
>
> 	IDF.g:0:0: syntax error: buildnfa: <AST>:483:42: expecting EOA,
> found 'Q'
>
> (in this case, 'Q' is a lexical element standing for a single quote
> mark.)

hard to say without looking at the grammar. it basically is a syntax
error in the grammar somehow.
because the antlr grammar parser is not yet written in ANTLR v3 (but
in v2) the error messages emitted
are not yet ideal (this is simply an internal code issue)

could you post at least the rule (should be in line 483 of your
grammar)?

cheers,
-k
--