[antlr-interest] figured out how to do tree rewriting

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Jul 12 17:55:03 PDT 2007

Hi,

I spent some time today and figured out an efficient way to do AST
construction from tree grammars (completely fresh new tree) and tree
rewriting where only subtrees from rules with -> rewrites get
altered.  Very efficient in space if you want to tweak a tree.  Fits
on 1 blackboard. ;)

Kay arrives on Sunday...he can motivate me to implement this...  and
finish my v2 to v3 transition for antlr.

Ugh, i have my tenure application to work on too!

Ter