[antlr-interest] How to increase the heap limit(newbie)

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Fri Jul 13 09:24:01 PDT 2007

On Friday 13 July 2007 09:15, ali azimi wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I keep getting "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" error
> message once I click on the debugger. When I type the command "java
> -Xms32m -Xmx512m org.antlr.Tool RFC3986.g" in the command promp, I
> get the following: "Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/antlr/Tool". ANTLRWorks_1.0.201 is
> the version of antlr I use. Could you please tell me how I can remedy
> this?

You've lost the class-path option that tells the JVM where to find the
ANTLR classes.

How were you invoking ANTLR before? Some script? It will have the
necessary class-path argument that you'll need to include.

Alternately, you can just modify that script to have the heap limit
options or to be able to accept such options on its command line.

>   Thank you so much in advance for your help.
>
>   Best wishes,
>
>   Al

Randall Schulz