[antlr-interest] Hiding specific tokens in parser

Bartłomiej Łączkowski b.laczkowski at astec.com.pl
Fri Jul 20 03:13:55 PDT 2007

Hello,

Is there a possibility to hide some kinds of tokens in token stream in
ANTLR 2.7.6? To be more precise I just want to have an EOL (end of line)
token in token stream but I don't want the parser to see it if I don't
call it in one of the rules. For example I want  to  have only one rule
which should notice if EOL token is in the stream:
some_rule
   :   other_rule (EOL)?
   ;
But in the other rules this token should not be taken from the stream
during parsing. I want this token to be skipped in parse process but  if
it appears in rule then  parser should check if it is in a stream. Is
there a possibility do to something like this in ANTLR?

--
Bartłomiej Łączkowski
Software Developer

ASTEC Sp. z o.o.