[antlr-interest] Antlr grammar for regular expressions

Kay Roepke kroepke at classdump.org
Tue Jul 31 08:15:50 PDT 2007

On Jul 31, 2007, at 5:10 PM, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> By the way, why don't you use the shell syntax for RE-based synthesis?

I would imagine that the OP has a lot of regexes already written in
some dialect
and now needs to parse them, to do something with the AST (i.e.
generate test strings).

In my case, I have been thinking about doing a visualization feature,
or live interpreted
testing of regexes. Esp. when they get big and ugly, that could speed
me (and others) up a lot.

For that reason alone, having a Perl-compatible regex grammar would
be neat.

cheers,
-k
--