[antlr-interest] V3 C++ backend writer wanted & ANTLR2 C++ backend maintainer

Ric Klaren ric.klaren at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 11:48:22 PDT 2007

Hi,

Due to a number of reasons I've decided to stop working on the ANTLR3
C++ backend and stop maintaining the ANTLR2 backend. As a result we're
looking for someone to take up this job.

Preferably we'd be looking for someone with:
- a solid C++ background
- a solid ANTLR background
- who has the time and commitment to write a backend and support it
for a period of time. The backend writing does not apply for the V2
job though ;)

It would be nice if the person could support the V2 backend as well.
But I don't think that it should be a requirement.

If you're interested please contact me and Terence. So we can discuss details.

Business aside.. why am I stopping?

- Lack of time/energy to be able to keep the deadlines I posed myself.
While C++ saw the first prototype codegen target I was never able to
sync up to the latest state of development. I could meddle on like
this but I don't think that's fair towards 'the tool' and the
community.
- I am turning to the dark side ;) E.g. I' mostly developing Java,
PL/SQL at the moment, and a little bit of C. So I'm getting a bit
rusty on my C++ skills.
- I recently changed job and for this new job I'll probably have got
to spent some more time in the evenings doing more java-ish stuff
leaving probably even less time for antlr.

I would have loved finishing this task, but as things progress now I
think it's better to quit. It would have been a good opportunity to do
some things that irked in the v2 backend/support library right (or at
least different ;) ).

Cheers,

Ric