[antlr-interest] ANTLRWorks: Export as Bitmap image...

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Thu Jun 7 05:47:43 PDT 2007

Ruth Karl wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I wondered how to export a syntax diagram for documentation purpose from
> ANTLWorks. Right clicking on the diagram (OR on the parser rule in the
> grammar window) I get but an alert:
>
>                    There is no rule at cursor position
>
> Is it a bug or a feature ;-) ? Or am I thinking/doing something wrong
> again?

I don't manage to get a dot file export of the whole grammar. I suppose
that this is a bug. I can only make an EPS export of the rule in the
grammar window, if I put the cursor in this rule and right click in the
syntax diagram and choose the EPS option. Bitmap doesn't work even then.
Unfortunately, one can't get the entire syntax tree right now.

Best regards,
Johannes Luber

P.S.: Please don't create emails with an entirely new subject via
answering to another email and changing the subject. The email system
supports threaded views of emails, so it obvious who answered which
email (something very useful for such an emailing group). Ignoring this
practice results in burying your email deeply in a tree. In your case 7
levels below the root in a really big tree - a great hiding place.