[antlr-interest] [v3] parser rules are final

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Fri Jun 8 03:48:30 PDT 2007

Wincent Colaiuta wrote:
> El 8/6/2007, a las 11:38, Johannes Luber escribió:
> But that file is inside the antlr-3.0.jar, isn't it? Don't you have to
> at the very least unpack the jar, modify the template, and then
> repackage the jar? That's what I meant when I said "rebuild"... but do
> you mean there's an easier way which doesn't require manipulation of the
> jar?

That's not entirely right. There is also a src directory parallel to the
lib directory, so one can manipulate the Java.stg in there and pack a
new antlr-3.0.jar. I'm sure there is way to skip even the packaging but
that would probably make a replacement more difficult later. And for me
"rebuild" means the compilation of the entire source code, so part of
our argument was a misunderstanding.

Best regards,
Johannes Luber