[antlr-interest] import package in AntlrWorks debugger

Martin Fowler fowler at acm.org
Tue Jun 12 07:10:42 PDT 2007

I'm having a problem using the AntlrWorks debugger. I have a reference
to one of my classes in the parser, so I have an import statement in the
parser header

     @header{
       package parser;
       import copybook.*;
     }

It all works fine with antlr, but the antlr debugger doesn't seem to
like it.

from the antlrworks console when I hit the debug button:

     09:59:59] import copybook.*;
     [09:59:59] ^
     [09:59:59] /tmp/antlrworks/copybookParser.java:51: cannot find symbol
     [09:59:59] symbol  : class CopyBookLoader
     [09:59:59] location: class parser.copybookParser

The classpaths are all properly setup in intellij - I can run the parser
  fine in there.

Is there something I need to do to get the debugger to work? I'd really
like to play with it. An old thread
<http://www.antlr.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2006-November/018445.html>
suggests that antlrworks doesn't deal with packages - is that still the
case?

Versions:

IntelliJ 6.0.5
AntlrWorks 1.0.2