[antlr-interest] IntelliJ plug-in fails to save file

Tue Jun 12 10:12:36 PDT 2007

Terence Parr wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Sorry about that.  Yeah, I understand from Jean that the Intellij plug
> in architecture is pretty opaque and he was have a hell of a time
> getting it to send all events he needs.  There is essentially no doc
> (compared to eclipse, but then I'd have to use eclipse) ;)
>
> Jean might be able to comment more directly.

In addition the plugin does not seem to integrate into the environment
in any meaningful way: it's just feels like a custom Swing blob embedded
into another program, and having its own fonts, text styles, keyboard
shortcuts etc.

If you want to provide semantic integration, start here:
http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/plugins/developing_custom_language_plugins.html

So there's plenty of doc, but you're not using any of the provided
interfaces :)

There are multiple custom language implementations available, most with
full source.

Not to whine, I love both IDEA and AntlrWorks, but the current
"integration" never made sense to me..

-tt