[antlr-interest] ANTLRWork freez

Fabio Maulo fabiomaulo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 07:40:49 PDT 2007

Jean Bovet escribió:
> That's right, there are a number of errors in the grammar that causes
> ANTLRWorks (and possibly ANTLR) to freeze up at some point. Can you
> give me some more information about the following:
> - which rule is reported as left-recursive but not recognized by
> ANTLRWorks?
> - when you say you cannot use the editor anymore, what is it exactly
> happening?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jean
Very thanks Jean.

Steps to reproduce "left-recursive but not recognize" (this is an example)
0) Open ANTLRW
1) Open new doc in ANTLRW
2) Copy the content of the file in your new doc.
3) Press Debug button
4) From the last rule use refactor "Inline rule"
5) Press Debug button (in some case at this point you lost ANTLRW
left-recursive)
6) Add and delete a space in the rule (make the document dirty)
7) Press Debug button (ANTLR recognize the left recursion, ANTLRW no)

This is the result of console:
[10:36:57] Aborting because the following rules are mutually left-recursive:
    [booleanTest, booleanFactor, booleanValueExpression, booleanTerm]
[10:38:09] Aborting because the following rules are mutually left-recursive:
    [booleanValueExpression]
[10:38:19] Aborting because the following rules are mutually left-recursive:
    [booleanValueExpression]