[antlr-interest] parameterized maps as arguments to rules??

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Mon Jun 18 14:09:32 PDT 2007

"antlr-interest at antlr.org"
 >added unless I do a reply-all. (And when I do that, people
complain
 >that they get the note twice unless I remove their email from
the TO)...

The ANTLR list is doing the "right thing" by not changing the
Reply-To header.  This means that in most email clients hitting
the Reply button will send a private message to the author, and
also to some of the authors of previous messages in the
thread).  This is a Good Thing, since it allows choice.

All people need to remember is that Reply is private and Reply All
is public.  Simple.  (As long as the list doesn't evilly
manipulate the Reply-To header, anyway.)

What'd be nice is if the mailing list software were smart enough
to recognise private member addresses in the To line and avoid
sending them an additional copy as part of the list mailout.  But
I don't think that's currently an option, so you should bug
Mailman about it, not Ter ;)