[antlr-interest] Is a CI server a good idea? (was: New C runtime dist)

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Wed Jun 20 04:42:09 PDT 2007

Hi,

The need to manage this sort of release reminds me that the project would
benefit from a Continuous Integration build environment. For one thing it
would encourage us (and others) to add more unit tests. For another, daily
(or even more frequent) builds of the depot HEAD would be available with a
report about tests passed/failed/ignored etc.

One option might be Cruise Control (since the existing server(s) can run
Java) and CruiseControl is a CI system built in Java. It can be massaged to
work with Nant (for C#) and CPP (Cpp links below):
http://confluence.public.thoughtworks.org/display/CC/UsingCruiseControlWithC
plusPlus
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.cruise-control.user/8532/match=pyth
on+cpp
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.cruise-control.user/8532/match=pyt
hon>

I have none or little information about using CC to monitor/build projects
in:
- Ruby
    http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/script.html - ANT support for
JRuby

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.cruise-control.user/13096/focus=1313
6
- ObjectiveC

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.cruise-control.user/5221/match=obje
ctive+c
- Python (see last cpp link above too)
    http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/script.html - ANT support for
Jython

Micheal

The best way to contact me is via the list/forum. My time is very limited.